Adapted from Victory Fit Club
- Category: Soup
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 4 c broth (chicken, turkey or veg)
- 1 c green beans or kale, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 14 oz can pumpkin
- 1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 lbs ground turkey or leftover roast turkey
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 small pumpkin, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- 1 leek, green part only, chopped
- 1/4 c sage, chopped
- In a large soup pot, place the avocado oil over medium-high heat. Add the leek and cook for 3 minutes, until tender. Add the fennel, pumpkin, green beans or kale and ginger. Cook for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet place the ground turkey over medium-high heat. Cook until browned, stirring often. Drain off liquid.
- Add the turkey, tomatoes, pumpkin, broth, salt and pepper to the soup pot. Cover and cook over low heat for 40 minutes. Stir in the chopped sage and cook, uncovered for another 10 minutes.